Anxiety Counselling in Charlesworth
What is anxiety?
Anxiety is the feeling of worry, apprehension, fear or panic in response to situations that seem stressful, overwhelming, threatening, unsafe or uncomfortable.
Warning signs that you are starting to suffer with anxiety or stress may include tension, irritability, headaches, tiredness, a churning stomach, sweating, shaking, heart pain or palpitations.
The affects of anxiety range from temporary feelings of stress and worry to more debilitating panic attacks, phobias or at its worst, nervous breakdown.
It is normal and healthy to feel sad or worried about life and its problems and pressures. But when things become too much and worry casts a cloud over everyday life you may be suffering from stress, anxiety or even depression or perhaps even a mixture of them all.
How can counselling help?
Firstly, this is not a battle you need to face alone. With one to one counselling sessions I can guide you through your feelings of stress or anxiety and help you to get your life back to normal.
Our counselling sessions will help you to:
- Identify your most common anxieties and understand where they come from.
- Recognise your own limits and the triggers that aggravate these feelings.
- Discover better, more positive ways of coping with difficult or stressful situations.
- Put a manageable day-to-day plan in place for the future.
- Work through any residual feelings or issues that remain.